- Top laggard Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF giving up 32 cents, or 0.69%, so far this session IShares Trust – iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Treasury ETF (down 0.039%) has also underperformed today.
- European markets are currently mixed so far this session.
As the session draws to an end the leading indices are pointing up — Dow Jones up to 33,933, gaining 0.14%. S&P 500 up to 4,143, gaining 0.13%.
European markets are in session with varied performances. Asia-Pacific markets are showing gains.
With Q1 earnings season getting underway, around 100% of US companies have missed market estimates so far. This past week, ManpowerGroup Inc. and F.N.B. Corporation published downbeat reports while Whirlpool Corp & Activision Blizzard are scheduled to release their results in the coming days.
Today's rise takes place amid mixed market indicators — United States NY Empire State Manufacturing Index (Apr) came out at 10.8, while a consensus of analysts was expecting -18.
Furthermore, the market is looking at United States Crude Oil Inventories projected to come out at -583,000 — worse than previous data of 597,000; data will be released Wednesday.
Furthermore, the market is looking at United States Building Permits (Mar) is scheduled for tomorrow at 12:30 UTC.
While indices are generally bullish today, some individual assets stood out as SPDR S&P Biotech ETF trades at $81.88 having gained 4.72%.
Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF is now trading at $46.12, plunges 0.69%. IShares Trust – iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Treasury ETF (down 0.039%) has also underperformed today.
IShares Trust – iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Treasury ETF | Broadly flat at $25.35; session high: $25.35 session low: $25.34
It's been more of the same this session on the back of a month of flat trade, Today's session so far looks to be heading in a similar way — iShares Trust – iShares iBonds Dec 2021 Term Treasury ETF trades at $25.35, after ending Friday at $25.36.
Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF | Currently down 0.69% at $46.12
- Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF has recovered 6.56% since descending to a significant low of $43.58 around 5 months ago.
- In the last 3 days, Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF has lost a total of 1.45% of its value.
- Shareholders to attain annual dividend yield of 1.02% this year
Vanguard Mortgage-Backed Securities ETF is now trading 6.56% above the significant low ($43.58) it slumped to 5 months ago. Looking back, the fund declared a dividend of 11.8 cents per share on Monday, December 26th for all shareholders on record up until Thursday, March 2nd. Based on current prices, the move allows shareholders to receive an annual dividend yield of 1.02% this year to be paid on Monday, March 6th.